We founded Earnest Ice Cream on the idea that a business can and should be accountable to our communities and contribute in a real way to positive change in the world.
We are committed to:
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Helping to advance justice, equity, reconciliation and decolonization in our communities, starting with our own organization.
- Deepening relationships with our suppliers, while choosing the most sustainable and ethical options available.
- Strengthening local food systems through supporting growers and makers.
- Addressing climate change through operational improvements and advocacy.
- Reducing waste towards the goal of becoming a Zero Waste company.
We act on these commitments by:
- Conducting a company-wide diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) audit and implementing an internal DEI committee to help identify ongoing improvements on the journey to become a more just and inclusive workplace.
- Donating 1% of revenue to organizations and causes doing critical work in our communities. Learn more about our partnerships here.
- Sourcing local, ethical, fair trade and organic ingredients, whenever possible.
- Working with Climate Smart (since 2015!) to track, report and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Fighting climate change with carbon neutral operations.
- Powering our production kitchen with 100% renewable natural gas from Bullfrog Power.
- Providing compostable, reusable or edible packaging.
- Being the first ice cream company to pack our pints in refillable, returnable glass jars. Last year we received over 167,000 jar returns!
- Continuously working on our goal to become a zero waste company. Learn more about our path to zero waste.
- Adding our voice to coalitions and partnerships advocating for climate action at all levels of government.