The recipe for success:
PASSION FOR LEADERSHIP
You care about setting the very best example and doing the right thing. You are confident providing direction and guidance to others and take pride in being a key support person to the managers.
WE MAKE EXCEPTIONAL ICE CREAM
You take care and consideration when preparing each batch and strive to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. You are a tenacious learner and innovator, but can also follow structured recipes.
You are highly knowledgeable about our ingredients and you conduct yourself in a caring, thoughtful way. You are proud of your work and take accountability for your results.
You are ready to contribute to a growing team. You care about the environment and social issues and your personal values align with Earnest’s. You are trustworthy, reliable and responsible.
- Running shifts and leading the team through the day-to-day, ensuring the team is meeting deadlines and working efficiently, with a focus on maintaining high team morale
- Conducting quality control of all prep, and ensuring food safety standards are upheld
- Ordering ingredients, maintaining inventory and FIFO
- Overseeing delivery of ingredients, meeting drivers, checking quality and quantity, putting away orders
- Training new Production Assistants
- An enthusiastic team player
- A proactive leader and strong communicator
- Meticulous, organized, professional and passionate
- Excited about working for a small business that is growing and searching for innovation and new ideas
- Availability 4-5 days/week for a combination of 7 AM – 3 PM and 12 PM – 8 PM shifts, Monday through Sunday
- FoodSafe Certification
- Comfortable with physical work; including lifting (20 kg), repetitive movement, and standing for long periods of time
- Comfortable working in cold environments
- Experience working in a kitchen environment
COVID-19 Safety Considerations:
- Distance is kept during shifts whenever possible
- Masks are highly recommended on shift
- Reusable and disposable masks are provided
- Increased hand-washing on shift is highly recommended
- Disposable gloves are provided
- Paid sick days are provided
- Extended medical benefits after 6 months
- Paid sick days
- Access to online mental health support through Inkblot Therapy
- Sweet discount on ice cream and merchandise
- Free ice cream on shift
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and include the position you are applying for in the subject line. The starting wage for this position is $18.10/hour with room for growth.
Earnest Ice Cream is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive workplace, which reflects and celebrates the diversity of our communities, where every employee feels valued and heard. We recognize the economic and social barriers faced by people from equity denied populations , including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities, and we actively work to create an environment that is free of discrimination, one which centres equity and justice.
We encourage applications from people of any of these identities and lived experiences. If you require any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.