The recipe for success:
You lead a passionate and positive team culture, and inspire your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences. You foster a respectful work environment where you manage your people through open lines of communication. Between delegating tasks to team members, and interacting with guests in your shop or out in the community, you always act with sincerity and care.
DEVELOPING OUTSTANDING TEAMS
The success of our business lies within our people. As the manager, you are charged with the task of training and developing the next generation of the Earnest Ice Cream team. This includes leadership development and succession planning.
EXCEPTIONAL GUEST EXPERIENCES
You strive to build long lasting relationships with your guests. You understand that each interaction should be unique and approach your guests ready and willing to go above and beyond. You value every encounter and inspire your team to do the same.
You are a proactive, hands-on leader. Your experience allows you to navigate difficulties professionally. You always set the best example for your team, and have a strong desire to understand what motivates them. You are a critical liaison between teams who has a strong commitment to open communication.
You care about the environment and social issues. You like to make a difference by helping others. As a brand ambassador, you are passionate when sharing our unique company history.
The primary objective of the manager is to develop and motivate a high performing team. You are responsible for running an efficient team and overseeing productivity to ensure labour targets are met. You are responsible for the overall operation of the shop and work with the leadership team to set and accomplish goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Guest interactions & community engagement
- Building staff schedules & monitoring labour
- Product inventory management & ordering
- Recruitment & training
- Individual performance management
- Leadership & development
- Maintaining OHS and food safety standards
- Cash management & administration
- Participating in management meetings; contributing to round-table management culture
- Familiar with managing a mid-to-high volume, fast paced, seven-day business
- Enthusiastic people person; a team player
- Positive, with a thirst for knowledge & a passion for quality
- Excited about working for a business that is innovative and constantly improving
- Eager to work alongside your people, ensuring they feel valued & supported
- Repetitive tasks, specifically in the wrist
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Food Safe Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- 2+ years experience in managing teams
- Available weekends and evenings
- Minimum 30 hours per week
COVID-19 Safety Considerations:
- Distance is kept during shifts whenever possible
- Increased cleaning of touch point surfaces
- Cloth face masks or plastic shields are provided by Earnest Ice Cream
- Increased hand-washing on shift is mandatory
- Gloves are provided
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Front of House Manager – Quebec St” in the subject line. Hourly pay $18.60-$23 (based on experience) + gratuities and benefits program.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.