FOH Manager (Fraser St)
The recipe for success:
You lead a passionate and supportive team culture, and inspire your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences. You foster a respectful work environment where you manage your people through open lines of communication. Between delegating tasks to team members, and interacting with guests in your shop or out in the community, you aim to act with sincerity and care.
DEVELOPING OUTSTANDING TEAMS
The overall strength of our company is our people. As Manager, you are part of a team of leaders who are developing and strengthening the Earnest Ice Cream staff and culture. You are charged with the task of training and developing the next generation of the Earnest Ice Cream team – this includes leadership development and succession planning.
EXCEPTIONAL GUEST EXPERIENCES
You strive to build long-lasting relationships with your guests. You understand that each guest’s needs are unique, and approach each interaction with care and enthusiasm. You value every encounter, and you endeavour to inspire your team by upholding the highest standards.
The overall strength of our company is our people. As Manager, you are part of a team of leaders who are developing and strengthening the Earnest Ice Cream staff and culture. You are a proactive leader, always three steps ahead and able to work with your environment with the goal of avoiding problems before they arise. As a leader, you listen closely to your team and are willing to work to understand their needs.
You care about working for a business that is trying to make a positive impact. You are passionate about making your community a better and more just place. You are interested in being an active part of shaping and building the vision and values of EIC.
The primary objective of the Manager is to help develop and motivate a team in which each person is supported to do their best work and care for one another. You and your team provide outstanding service, build sales and drive productivity. You are responsible for the overall operation of the shop, and work with the leadership team to set and accomplish goals.
Key position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing and modelling exceptional guest experiences
- Building staff schedules & monitoring labour
- Training and leading a young and growing team
- Managing seasonally-changing inventory
- Operational and administrative duties to help support a busy shop
- Ensuring a FoodSafe workplace that adheres to Occupational Health & Safety standards
Individual performance management
- Leadership & development
- Learning about and sharing our unique company history
- Speaking confidently with team members and guests about our core and rotating products
- Getting to know your shop’s community, and engaging in local fundraisers and community initiatives through Earnest Ice Cream’s donation budget
- Participating in management meetings; contributing to our collaborative, round-table management culture
- Accustomed to working a seven-day trading business and know the importance of consistency of operations
- An enthusiastic people person and a team player
- Always aiming to make sure your staff feel valued and appreciated
- A driven individual with a thirst for knowledge and passion for quality
- Excited about working for a business that is growing and searching for innovation and new ideas
- Experienced in fast-paced, high volume (preferably) hospitality/retail service
- Repetitive tasks, specifically in the wrist
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs, reasonable accommodations will be made for any employee when necessary
- Food Safe Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- 2+ years experience in managing teams
- Minimum 2 year commitment
- Available weekends and evenings
- Minimum 32+ hours/week
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting rate for this position is $24/hour + tips and competitive compensation is offered based on qualifications and experience
- Extended medical benefits with an additional Health Spending Account after 3 months
- Paid sick days
- Access to online mental health support through Inkblot Therapy
- Sweet discount on ice cream and merchandise
- Free ice cream on shift
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Front of House Manager in the subject line.
Earnest Ice Cream is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive workplace, which reflects and celebrates the diversity of our communities, where every employee feels valued and heard. We recognize the economic and social barriers faced by people from equity denied populations , including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities, and we actively work to create an environment that is free of discrimination, one which centres equity and justice.
We encourage applications from people of any of these identities and lived experiences. If you require any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.Apply now