FOH Shift Leader
FOH Shift Leader
The recipe for success:
You care about setting the very best example and doing the right thing. You are confident in providing direction and guidance to others and take pride in being a key support person to the managers.
EXCEPTIONAL GUEST EXPERIENCES
You are passionate about connecting with our guests and understand each interaction should be unique. You are ready to ensure our guests feel welcome and well taken care of.
You take care and consideration when preparing each order and strive to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. You are highly knowledgeable about our flavours, the company, and our values.
You promote a supportive and respectful team culture when you come to work, and encourage belonging and togetherness within your team.You are trustworthy, reliable, and responsible.
The FOH Shift Leader is a key contributor to the Front of House operations. They provide support, direction and guidance to staff on shift, and follow procedures to ensure efficient shift operations and outcomes. The Shift Leader has a close working relationship with the manager and understands the overall goals and functions of the business.
Key position responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring completion of all open and close tasks
- Coordinating the team (assigning daily planner tasks, break schedules, & shift duties) and setting expectations on shift
- Handling guest complaints professionally & empathetically
- Communicating effectively with EIC staff across all departments
- Training new staff, providing feedback & direction
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the shop & correct functionality of equipment
- Extra tasks assigned to support your managers
COVID-19 Safety Considerations:
- Reusable and disposable masks are provided
- Increased hand-washing on shift is highly recommended, and hand sanitizer is provided to guests
- Paid sick days are provided
- The starting wage for this position is $17.65/hour + tips
- Paid sick days and paid breaks
- Access to online mental health support through Inkblot Therapy
- Sweet discount on ice cream and merchandise
- Free ice cream on shift
Click the “apply now” button below to send your resume and cover letter.
Earnest Ice Cream is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive workplace, which reflects and celebrates the diversity of our communities, and where every employee feels valued and heard. We recognize the economic and social barriers faced by people from equity denied populations, including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants & refugees, and people with disabilities, and we actively work to create an environment that is free of discrimination, one which centres equity and justice.
We encourage applications from people of any of these identities and lived experiences. If you require any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.Apply now