Office Administrator (Part Time)
We are looking for an experienced Office Administrator to join the admin team at our values-based company.
This is a part-time position with 20-22 hrs/week, working out of our office at 1485 Frances St with the possibility of working remotely once in-person training is completed.
Responsible for bi-weekly payroll and accounts functions, including accounts payable, as well as providing as-needed administrative support.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Payroll data entry
- Prepare and finalize mid to high volume bi-weekly payroll
- Ensure accuracy of pay rates
- Set up and maintain employee files and payroll records, ensure employee records are up-to-date
- Issue Record of Employments
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner and make payroll adjustments if needed
- Upload vendor invoices to Quickbooks
- Process payments of invoices when due by credit card, cheque or electronic funds transfer
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Flag issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information
- Data entry & filing
- Special projects and other duties as required
- Tracking HR related dates
- Efficient and meticulous
- Excellent with time management and organizational skills
- An exceptional written communicator with great people skills
- Self-driven and motivated to take initiative, troubleshoot, solve problems and make improvements
- Excited to contribute to a supportive team environment, but also comfortable working independently
- Familiar with Quickbooks
- Experienced in hospitality and food service (preferred)
Compensation & Benefits:
- The starting wage for this position is $23/hour
- Paid sick days
- Access to online mental health support through Inkblot Therapy
- Sweet discount on ice cream and merchandise
- Free ice cream on shift
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Office Administrator” in the subject line.
Earnest Ice Cream is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive workplace, which reflects and celebrates the diversity of our communities, and where every employee feels valued and heard. We recognize the economic and social barriers faced by people from equity denied populations, including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants & refugees, and people with disabilities, and we actively work to create an environment that is free of discrimination, one which centres equity and justice.
We encourage applications from people of any of these identities and lived experiences. If you require any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.