This is a part-time contract position covering a broad set of responsibilities related to social media, content creation, marketing and communications. Responsibilities include photography, digital content creation and storytelling, maintaining our social media presence, graphic design and campaign management.
The recipe for success:
You are passionate about what you do and values-aligned with the work of Earnest Ice Cream. You will help engage the community, have an authentic voice, and help tell stories that are inspiring and meaningful to the EIC community.
You have experience in photography, graphic design, copywriting, social media management, and content creation. You are thorough, accurate, and organized – a creative thinker, with an eye for design, who is able to build on a strong social media presence while also looking for new opportunities.
This is a key role within the business. You’ll be working closely with most departments, particularly the leadership team, and EIC’s co-owners. There is opportunity for growth and learning and you’ll be supported by owners and senior leadership and exposed to all aspects of the company.
- Assisting in the development and management of social media marketing and marketing campaign strategy
- Creating platform-specific, brand-aligned content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, newsletter), including copywriting and photography
- Translating company impact metrics and supply chain stories into engaging content for social media posts and newsletters
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns using Google Analytics, Instagram and Facebook business tools, and Hootsuite
- Maintaining posting schedule, events and promotions calendar
- Researching and implementing additional platforms that advance strategic marketing and communication goals
- Interacting with users and responding to social media messages, inquiries, and comments in a timely manner, and directing inquiries as needed
- Monitoring online presence, reviews, comments, reporting to management and communicating where necessary
- Ensuring brand voice is unified across all platforms
- Managing and updating website content
- Experimenting with various organic and paid acquisition channels
- Participating in various administrative tasks and support as required, including but not limited to report-writing, email correspondence, events, etc.
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator with great people skills
- Highly aware around social, racial and environmental justice, and able to articulate EIC’s values around these issues in a way that is inclusive and accessible
- Self-driven and motivated to take initiative, perform analyses, investigate, troubleshoot, solve problems and make improvements
- Collaborative in working towards shared goals, and able to give and receive feedback
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment, and responsive to emerging issues as needed
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in communications, graphic design, or marketing
- Photography skills
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest standards, changes, and trends in copywriting, SEO, and graphic design
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized and work independently; ability to give and receive valuable design feedback
- Fluency in Google suite, Excel, email etiquette
- Paid sick days
- Access to online mental health support through Inkblot Therapy
- Sweet discount on ice cream and merchandise
- Free ice cream on shift
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Lead in the subject line. Starting rate for this position is $23.60/hour and competitive compensation is offered based on qualifications and experience. This position is a 6-month contract.
Earnest Ice Cream is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive workplace, which reflects and celebrates the diversity of our communities, where every employee feels valued and heard. We recognize the economic and social barriers faced by people from equity denied populations , including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities, and we actively work to create an environment that is free of discrimination, one which centres equity and justice.
We encourage applications from people of any of these identities and lived experiences. If you require any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.